On Thursday U.S. forces launched a vicious attack on Iran-backed militia sites in Iraq.
The measure was in response to rocket attacks launched by Iranian forces that killed 3 soldiers, 2 of which were American.
On Wednesday the Iranian-backed militia fired 30 rockets at a base which housed American and British troops.
12 additional troops were also wounded, five are currently in serious condition.
As Fox News reported, "The U.S. military launched multiple strikes using warplanes targeting multiple bases used by Iranian-backed Shia militias believed to be behind the rocket attack on Camp Taji, Iraq, the day before that killed two Americans and one British soldier, a senior U.S. military source told Fox News."
Iran is likely behind the attack that killed our troops, a U.S. General has reported.
Following the attack the Pentagon released a statement, via Fox News:
"Earlier this evening, the United States conducted defensive precision strikes against Kata’ib Hizbollah (KH) facilities across Iraq," the Defense Department said. "These strikes targeted five weapon storage facilities to significantly degrade their ability to conduct future attacks against Operation Inherent Resolve (OIR) coalition forces. These weapons storage facilities include facilities that housed weapons used to target U.S. and coalition troops."
"These strikes were defensive, proportional, and in direct response to the threat posed by Iranian-backed Shia militia groups (SMG) who continue to attack bases hosting OIR coalition forces," the Pentagon added.
The strike was authorized by President Trump and sent a very clear message to both Iran and Iraq.
It's devastating that U.S. troops were killed and our prayers go out to their families.
That said, it's nice having a president who is willing to take any action necessary to protect our people and our troops.